The article must be helpful to our audience. The content must be your own, offering quality, actionable and practical advice for our readers (nothing generic, and no sales pitches). We prefer a minimum of 500 words with minimal “fluff” (excessive adverbs and unnecessary filler words).
Articles must also:
- Be clear, concise, and free of spelling and grammatical errors
- Be online-friendly for easy readability (short paragraphs, bulleted lists, etc.)
- Include citations where applicable
- Include disclosures if the author has any affiliation with any mentions in the article
- Be relevant to and benefit homeowners, residential building owners, or landlords
- Include a short bio (50 words or less). You may include up to 2 links to either your website, blog, Twitter handle or LinkedIn profile.
Once published, we request that the author share the post via his or her own social channels. To help engage and build the community, we also request the author respond to reader comments on the article. We reserve the right to edit/correct any article as we see fit.
Submitted articles should include:
- 15- to 20-word excerpt
- Image or image recommendation(s)
- Alt-text for each image
- Image attribution, if required
- List 1-2 relevant categories for the article
- Full content rights granted to City Building Owners Insurance
Guest Contributor Request
Before sending an article, please complete the fields below to request topic approval from the content director. Be sure to include:
- a well-thought out title
- a brief outline of your article