Take advantage of Stu Cohen’s real estate and insurance expertise for information to help you build a more successful business. Here you’ll find:
- More ways to save money on building insurance without sacrificing coverage
- Information from insurance and real estate groups
- Media coverage on Stu Cohen and the City Building Owners Insurance Program
- Links to useful online information for building owners and property managers
- Residential Building Insurance Planner – There are so many insurance policy options for residential buildings and properties; be sure you’re getting the coverage you need and not paying for the coverage you don’t. Use our free planner to compare insurance policies to ensure you get the right coverage at the right price.
- Our Personal Service Begins at Your Doorstep – Whether you manage multiple buildings or you own a single brownstone, we can help you get coverage that saves you money and help you manage your risks so you sleep better.
Featured Articles & Posts by Stu Cohen
- The Atlantic – Fire Escapes Are Evocative, But Mostly Useless
- Evaluating Your Insurance Coverage: How Does Yours Measure Up?, as published in The Cooperator
- The New York Times – A Plumbing Problem: Sludge in the Bathtub
- 8 Ways to Make a Building More Attractive to an Insurance Company, as published in the New York Housing Journal newsletter. Sponsored by the Community Housing Improvement Program (CHIP), an association of apartment building owners
- Seven ways building owners can negotiate to lower their insurance rates, as published in the New York Real Estate Journal
- What Every Association and Property Manager Needs to Know About Directors & Officers Liability
- Real Estate Management “Best Practices”
Download your FREE planner!
Enter your information to receive a free planner to help you compare residential building insurance policies. You’ll also receive periodic information about protecting your real estate investments. Your information will not be shared.
- 6 Signs You Need a New Insurance Agent
- A Guide to Landlord Responsibilities in New York City
- Do you need Loss of Rents in your building coverage?
- Don’t Forget to Update Your Home Inventory (and Insurance Coverage)
- Hiring contractors? Follow these risk management tips
- Home Maintenance: Where to Start
- How and When to File a Landlord Insurance Claim
- How to Buy a Master Policy for Condos and Co-ops
- How to Choose Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- How to Shop for Commercial Property Insurance in New York City
- Insurance Agent or Broker: What’s the Difference?
- Landlord Insurance: Frequently Asked Questions
- NYC Recycling Programs for Apartment Buildings
- Online Resources for New York City Building Owners
- Ordinance or Law: A Smart Move for New York City Building Owners
- Popular New York Property Insurance Coverage for City Building Owners
- Readers’ Favorites: Top 3 Articles for New York City Landlords
- Risk Management for Building Owners
- Rules for New York City Basement Rentals
- Should I hire an independent insurance consultant?
- Understanding Basic, Broad Form Coverage and Special Form Coverage
- What’s Your Sign? NYC Landlord Requirements for Signs & Notices
- Why Multi-Building Owners Benefit from a Master Policy Approach
Press Releases and Mentions
- City Building Owners Partners with the PURE Group of Insurance Companies to offer Property and Casualty Insurance to High Net Worth Families
- Stu Cohen Wins Prestigious Power Broker Award
Industry and Association Information
- Small Property Owners of New York, Inc. (SPONY)
- The Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)
- Bronx-Manhattan North Association of Realtors
- Community Housing Improvement Program, Inc.